Only students who have been granted authorisation to use the School of Music may use rooms in the School of Music Building (100) and Peter Karmel Building (120). Students are not permitted to allow unauthorised visitors into the rooms.
- Students will be provided with one access card at no cost for the duration of the semester. All cards must be returned to Room 601 by 5.00pm Monday 22 December 2014.
- All cards are student specific (i.e. uniquely assigned to Student ID numbers) and are nontransferable.
- Lost cards must be reported to Reception on level 6
T 6125 5700
- Replacement cards can be provided at a cost of $20.00 per unit.
- Students must update their access once a week swiping their card against the hot spot located just to the left of the main School of Music door. Students who fail to update their card risk it becoming inactive and losing their access.
- Students are required to carry their current Student ID at all times. Students who are unable to show their card when requested by School of Music staff and/or ANU Security may be asked to vacate the room/building.
Spot checks will be carried out in by School of Music staff and/or ANU Security.
- These checks will be carried out in order to protect the access of School of Music students.
- It is intended that rooms be used solely for the purpose of rehearsal or scheduled ANU School of Music activity. Under no circumstances are students permitted to undertake private teaching in the rooms. Any student who abuses the use of the rooms may have their access withdrawn or suspended.
- Bookings may be cancelled at any time if a room is required for teaching or maintenance.
- Students are advised that all possessions left in the rooms are left there entirely at the risk of the student. Neither the School, nor The Australia National University, is in any way responsible for any theft of or damage that occurs to students' possessions when they are left in rooms.
- As a courtesy to their colleagues, students are expected to adhere to the following general use rules
- while using any room in the building:
- Students should only occupy a room when they have recorded a booking. The maximum booking time for all rooms is 2 hours.
- Students should ensure that doors to all practice rooms are shut while playing their instrument and/or singing.
- Windows in the doors of practice rooms should not be covered under any circumstance. This is for students’ own safety.
- No equipment (instruments, music stands, piano stools etc) are to be removed from the rooms under any circumstances.
- All rooms should be left in the condition you would like to find one when you arrive, i.e. clean, in order, no trash, lights off, locked if appropriate.
Students should report any problems with rooms, pianos, equipment, access etc to
T 6125 5700