ANU School of Music Chamber Music Competition
The Chamber Music Competition is dedicated to the presentation, understanding and enjoyment of chamber music, and provides a forum for young and emerging musicians to excel in a growing field of interest and expertise.
Prizes are donated by the Friends of the School of Music: 1st Place $2000 and People's Choice $500.
- The focus of the competition is the promotion of chamber music in the tertiary student cohort
- Ensembles may include duos provided there is no piano involved. Duos involving a piano should enter the Margaret Smiles Accompaniment Prize instead. (n.b. Works for two pianos or four hands are considered as chamber music rather than accompaniment.)
- A suggested performance time is 15-20 minutes per ensemble, but no longer than 20 minutes
- Performance at audition may be limited to 7-10 minutes per ensemble.
- Applications close: Friday 26th September
- Auditions held: TBA
- Successful ensembles will be notified by the Wednesday 8th October.
- Finals are held 6:30pm Thursday 16th October
- Up to six finalists will be selected from the heats by the audition panel
- Only one entry is required per ensemble, and a primary contact is to be nominated (a School of Music student)
- At least one member of the ensemble must be a current tertiary ANU School of Music student. All other members of the ensemble are required to be a current enrolled student of the ANU or the Open School of Music
Academic Contact: Dr Kate Bowan
Conditions of Award (from 2013, indicative only)